I started teaching this course in the late 1990s, then it was a 6 week course, as the years have passed it has grown and developed into what it is today. The classes are an independent, standalone course, and run one evening a week for a course of 13 weeks, with an outdoor ritual in a stone circle in Wicklow at the end of the course, which is generally held on a Sunday afternoon. I generally run one a year in Dublin after the Spring Equinox. Occasionally, I run a second one in other areas of the country. The aim is to give a basic background and understanding of Witchcraft and Wicca. The syllabus is as follows.
- Introduction – Ethics and Beliefs
- History 1 – Ancestral History and Working with Deities
- History 2 – Christianity, “Burning Times”, Politics and the Rise of Modern Witchcraft
- The Sabbats, Wheel of the Year, the High Priest and High Priestess
- Magic Circle, Ritual, Working Tools, Power, Drawing Down the Moon and Sun
- Meditation, Reincarnation, Astral Projection, Thought Forms, Pathworking
- The Influences of Ceremonial Magic – Guest lecturer
The cost of this course is €180 and comprises all materials and notes. For information on when the next course is to be run please contact me and I will let you know. Please note that there are concessions available for those with financial difficulties, all you have to do is let me know. The price may vary if I am holding them in a venue which requires me to travel.
Please be aware that this is a general witchcraft course and in no way constitutes coven training, nor does participation in this course, or indeed any of the other workshops or classes that I run, constitute coven training or admission to Serpent Coven.
Numbers for the Dublin course are limited to 8 participants. Elsewhere in the country the maximum numbers can be up to 15, but will depend on the capacity of the venue.